Associate Electrical Engineer
As an Electrical Associate Design Engineer, you will be an integral part of our team of engineers and technicians to support projects from inception to completion. This will involve undertaking day to day tasks on multiple projects, management and programming of resources and personnel to achieve agreed deliverables, planning and programming of activities, and meeting, corresponding, and talking to clients and other stakeholders to provide satisfaction with our design consultancy services.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deliver sustainable design solutions to the required standards and supervise the work of other members of the team.
- Prepare design documentation for projects to facilitate client and stakeholder requirements.
- Manage time on projects to suit deadlines and complete your assigned tasks as stipulated by the Senior Management Team.
- Where you are the project lead, allocate resource appropriately and co-ordinate tasks so all deadlines are met.
- Provide financial and resource management of projects.
- Represent AWA at external client meetings both in person and over video conference.
- Attend sites to undertake surveys and provide relevant reports.
- To be a qualified Engineer having a proven and demonstrable track record of Electrical Design and broad experience in multiple sectors.
- To have achieved or be working towards IEng or CEng certification.
- To understand financial arrangements for projects including fee forecasting, fee preparation, and allocation.
- Be accustomed to providing guidance to graduates and technicians, demonstrating your in-depth understanding of design engineering
- Have a proven ability to work on multiple projects at any one time.
- Be a forward-thinking individual and passionate about digital design innovation and ‘smart design’ in an increasingly digitalized construction arena.
- Demonstrate competence and use applicable tools such as Amtech, Dialux, AutoCAD & Revit.
- Undertake the relevant calculations to underpin your designs.
- Understand and implement the principles of CDM throughout your design work.
- Undertake and maintain a record of CPD to remain current with changing legislation and regulations.
- Understand the relevant RIBA work stages and produce information commensurate to the stage of the project.
- Have good client facing skills.
- Be a good communicator and possess the ability to explain technical matters.
- Demonstrate good attention to detail and show pride in the work you produce.
- Motivate and inspire confidence both in your peers and clients.
Attributes & Personal Characteristics
- Self-motivated, organised, and enthusiastic
- Calm and unflustered when working under pressure
- Flexible attitude to work
- Proactive team member
- Works on own initiative
- Approachable and personable
- Commitment to maintaining high quality standards